Interviews, Op-Eds, and Contributions to Exhibits
- Video interview for the exhibition Fontane.200/Autor, Neuruppin, Germany, curated by Heike Gfrereis, March–Dezember 2019.
- Contribution to the exhibition catalog Fontane.200/Autor. Das Bilder-Wörter-Stimmen-Lesebuch, edited by Heike Gfrereis, Berlin: vbb, 2019.
- Live radio interview (4:30 minutes) for “RBB Kulturradio am Mittag” about Theodor Fontane as a journalist, Radio Berlin-Brandenburg, March 26, 2019.
- Live radio interview (25 minutes) for the “Dr. Matt Townsend Show” about the history of fake news and prevention strategies for today’s media landscape, BYU Boston Public Radio, May 25, 2017.
- Pre-recorded radio interview (15 minutes) for “The Briefing” about the history of fake news, SiriusXM The Insight on May 20–28, 2017. Listen here:
- “Fontane war ein Pionier der Fake News” [Fontane was a pioneer of fake news], interview about my research on Theodor Fontane’s journalistic practices, Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung, April 20, 2017. Read it here.
- “Techniques of 19th-century fake news reporter teach us why we fall for it today,” The Conversation, April 5, 2017. Read it here.
- Public Voices Fellowship, The Op-Ed Project, Dartmouth College, 2016–2017.
- Staff Writer, Netzeitung.de [Germany’s first online daily], Berlin, Stock Markets and Companies, 2003–2005.
- Freelance Contributor and Photographer, Rhein-Lahn-Zeitung, Diez, Local News and Sports, 1997–2002.